Knowledge Base Home Signup Forms Can I add a checkbox on my sign up form for GDPR compliance?
Can I add a checkbox on my sign up form for GDPR compliance?
Signup Forms Updated on September 10, 2018
You can add a checkbox to your sign up form for GDPR using Benchmarks signup forms. Your subscribers can trust that the data they are providing is confidential and that you are GDPR compliant. Doing so can help you keep a good reputation with your subscribers and consequently grow your contact list.
To add a checkbox to your sign up form for GDPR compliance, you must first create a contact list or choose from an existing list and add a custom field to the same.
Learn how to add an extra field below:
- Click on Contacts from your Benchmark Dashboard menu.
- Create a list or select an existing list.
- Click on Edit.
- Choose True/False for the Field Type.
- Now click Save.
Follow the steps below to create a Sign-Up form with a checkbox for GDPR compliance for the Pop Up form:
- From your Dashboard menu, select on Contacts.
- Select Signup Forms and then click on the Create New Signup Form button.
- Select the Pop Up Form type and click Next.
- Complete Step 1 Details. Select the list you modified with GDPR fields. When done click on Save and Next.In the Step 2 Design:
- Click on the more options icon
- Choose Select Fields.
- Click on the gray area to exit the fields pop-up.
- The name of the custom field you created and now added to the form, should populate as a field in the Fields options, click on it.
- Select Check for Type.
- Check the Required box.
- Add your text and if you would like to add a link enter your HTML code on the field provided to add a text to your sign up form.
- Click on the gray area to exit this pop-up. (Click on the Plus sign to add an Image, Text or Spacer or click on the bin sign to delete any extra sections).
Your Pop-up should automatically saved with the new changes!
To create a Signup form with a checkbox for GDPR compliance using a Classic Form:
- Select Contacts from your Benchmark Dashboard menu. Then click on Signup Forms.
- Now click on the Create New Signup Form button.
- Select the Classic Form Type and click Next.
- Complete Step 1 Details
- On Step 2 Design, you may choose from our list of standard fields or create one that best fits your needs.
- Click on the Add New Field button. Note: Here you will add the extra field you added to your Contact List prior to this.
- Now, change the Type to Check.
- Click to check the Required box.
- Add your text and if you would like to add a link enter your HTML code enter your HTML code on the field provided to add a text to your sign up form. (Click on the Plus sign to add multiple texts or on the Minus sign to delete any extra)
- Complete editing your form and click Save & Next when done.
Note: Remember to first create a contact list or choose from an existing list adding a custom field. Steps are explained at the beginning of this FAQ.
Click Here to view a detailed video on how to add a checkbox to your sign up form to be GDPR compliant.
- This option is only available for the Classic Form form and Pop Up Form type.
- You can change the name of the fields to meet your needs.
- On the Required fields, your subscribers will have to fill these fields in order to submit the form.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?