Knowledge Base Home Surveys & Polls Can I include a link to the survey in my email or on my website?
Can I include a link to the survey in my email or on my website?
You can post a link to the survey on your website, or in an email if the survey is active.
Note: The following steps assume that you have already deployed/published a public survey. If you have not yet done so, please create your survey prior to following the below steps.
To find the link to your survey:
- Click the Email tab.
- Click on the Surveys link from the Tools Menu.
- After you click the Surveys link, you will be shown a list of all the active surveys in your account. The link appears under the name of each survey.Note: Do not copy the URL from the address bar of the survey itself. The URL displayed on the survey itself is an abbreviated version of the actual URL. If you distribute the URL displayed in the address bar of your browser, your contacts will not be able to access your survey.
- Highlight that survey link shown under the survey name and press CTRL-C (or Command-C on a Mac) to copy.
- The URL is now saved to your computer’s clipboard and can be pasted into any personal email.
To post a survey link to your website, please see the steps below:
Adding a Survey Link to Your Website
Once you have copied the URL for your survey, you can send it to your webmaster in an email. Otherwise, if you have access to update your webpage, you can follow these steps:
- In your webpage’s source code, insert your cursor where the link will be placed.
- Type Ctrl-V (or Command-V on a Mac) to paste the copied survey URL into the spot where you inserted your cursor.
- Add hyperlink tags around the URL. Example:
<a href="http://surveys.benchmarkemail.com//Survey/Start?id=100365&s=47250">Take Our Survey</a>
- Make sure to save your changes.
- Preview the link to ensure it is working properly.
Did this answer your questions?