Knowledge Base Home Surveys & Polls Can I include a link to the survey in my email or on my website?
Can I include a link to the survey in my email or on my website?
You can post a link to the survey on your website or in an email if the survey is active.
Note: The following steps assume that you have already deployed/published a public survey. If you have not yet done so, please create your survey prior to following the steps below.
To find the link to your survey:
- From the left navigation, click on Contacts.
- Under the Contacts menu, click on Survey.
In the surveys page, a list of all the surveys in your account will appear. The URL of the survey appears under the status.
- Click on the Survey URL to open the survey in a new tab. You can copy the URL from the address bar. This URL can be included in your email campaigns and website or anywhere else you’d like to promote your survey.
To copy highlight the survey link (once Survey is open in new tab) and CTRL-C (or Command-C on a Mac) to copy.
- The URL is now saved to your computer’s clipboard and can be pasted anywhere you desire.
To create a survey link in your email, follow these steps:
- First, make sure you have created and activated your survey.
- Go to an existing email and open the Design step (Drag & Drop Editor).
- Now, click on the block where you wish to add the survey. If you are going to use text as the link highlight the text.
- Then, click on the Merge option from the toolbar provided.
- Select SURVEY from the list.
- Type the text you want visible and select the survey from the dropdown.
- Click on Insert.
- Continue editing your email or click Save & Next when ready to schedule.
To post a survey link to your website, please see the steps below:
Adding a Survey Link to Your Website
Once you have copied the URL for your survey, you can send it to your webmaster in an email. Otherwise, if you have access to update your webpage, you can follow these steps:
- In your webpage’s source code, insert your cursor where the link will be placed.
- Type Ctrl-V (or Command-V on a Mac) to paste the copied survey URL into the spot where you inserted your cursor.
- Add hyperlink tags around the URL. Example:
<a href=”http://surveys.benchmarkemail.com//Survey/Start?id=100365&s=47250″>Take Our Survey</a>
- Make sure to save your changes.
- Preview the link to ensure it is working properly.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?