How Can I Delete Lists?
Updated on August 23, 2023
To delete a list, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Benchmark account.
- On the Dashboard Menu, select Contacts.
- Locate the list you want to delete and click on the icon located on the right.
- Now click Move to Trash.
- You will be prompted with a Move List to Trash pop-up. Select Confirm.
- You will be back on the Contact Lists page. Your list will not longer appear on this view.
To permanently delete your list follow these steps.
- Click on the Trash link located towards the top of the page.
- Any list which has been deleted will appear here.
- Click on the icon located to the right of your list.
- Select Delete.
- You will be prompted to a Delete List pop-up.
- Confirm your action by clicking on the Delete button.
Once a list has been deleted from the Contacts Lists Trash section page you will no longer be able to recover it.
The Master Unsubscribe List and the Sample Contact List cannot be deleted from your account.
You cannot delete a list within 7 days from the last email sent to the list. Click here for more information.
There are a few points to consider before the deleting a list.
- If you have a list-based plan, contacts in your trash are considered as “active contacts” and count toward your plan’s limit. To avoid this, delete lists from your trash permanently.
- Deleting any list with any email, automation, signup form or segment that will be affected. This process cannot be reversed.
- If you chose a list to delete with a contact that also belongs to another list, they will only be deleted from the list you have chosen to delete. They will not be removed from any other list.
If you have additional questions regarding your contact list, please feel free to contact our Support team via email, LiveChat or by phone.