Knowledge Base Home General Questions How do I edit the greeting in my email?
How do I edit the greeting in my email?
To edit the greeting in the email:
- Click on the Edit icon of the section.
- Click on the Greeting you want to update.
- You could either double-click the greeting, which should launch the popup to edit the greeting, OR you could click on the greeting icon on the left in the “Insert Additional Elements” section.
- In the Primary Greeting, enter the salutation and select the contact attribute that you want to display.The Alternative greeting is used when the above selected contact attribute does not have any value.
- Click on Update to set the greeting in the block.
- Click on the Save button to save your changes to the email.
You can now preview and check how the greeting would be displayed.
If you want to use the greeting in your Custom HTML, the tag is:
[Greeting:pretext=”Dear” field=”F” alttext=”Hello”]
The “pretext” variable is to display the salutation
The “field” variable is to display the contact attribute where
“F” = First Name
“L” = Last Name
“FL” = First name + Last Name
The “alttext” variable is to display the alternative greeting in case the contact attribute does not have any value.