Knowledge Base Home Contact Lists How do I add custom fields to my contacts list?
How do I add custom fields to my contacts list?
Contact Lists Updated on November 18, 2019
You can add a custom field to your contact list by replacing a default field with a new one. There are 28 fields provided for each contact, however, only 22 of them can be customized. The name, middle name, last name and email address field can not be altered. To learn how to edit or customize a contact field see the steps below.
- From your dashboard menu, select Contacts, and then click on Contacts.
- Then click on the list you want to customize.
- Next, click on the Edit option.
- In the Data Field Settings scroll right to see the extra fields available.
- Find the field you want to customize, and type in the new name in the Field Name box.
- If needed, change the Field Type.
- When done click on the Save option.
Change the order of your list’s fields or columns to organize your list data at any time. You can use your custom fields in your reports; signup forms; when you add contact details to an email; when you add a personal question to a survey; and when you import a file of contacts.
- When using the field type AlphaNumeric, you can add up 200 characters, but the character amount can vary based on double-byte characters used, click here to learn more.
- Custom fields are only available for regular list import. If you do an integration import, the custom fields are not visible.
- During the import-mapping process, map your list fields to your custom fields in Benchmark.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?