Knowledge Base Home Contact Lists How do I delete a space after an email address in Excel file?
How do I delete a space after an email address in Excel file?
Contact Lists Updated on October 4, 2011
Sometimes email addresses are entered into a Microsoft Excel file with spaces after them and this can cause issues when you try to upload the list into your Benchmark Email account. Follow these steps to remove any spaces from your file:
- Highlight and copy the space that is after the email address.
- Open the "Find and Replace" menu by clicking CTRL+F or by selecting Edit > Find > Replace.
- Select the Replace tab.
- In the "Find" field, paste the space you copied earlier.
- Leave the "Replace" field blank.
- Click Replace All.
- Highlight and copy the column of email addresses from your Excel file.
- Open the Notepad program by selecting Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Paste the email addresses into Notepad.
- Place the cursor after the first email address on the list. Click and drag to the right to highlight any space. Copy the area you just highlighted.
- Click CTRL-H to open the "Replace" box. Paste the space you copied into the "Find What" box. In the "Replace with" section, place your cursor inside and then click Replace All.
Did this answer your questions?