Knowledge Base Home Contact Lists Segments How do I exclude specific contacts from my mailing?
How do I exclude specific contacts from my mailing?
When sending an email campaign, you can exclude specific contact lists or segments from an email campaign. This process is done, in the Email Checklist of for your campaign.
If a contact is part of the Send To List, and they are also in the Exclude List, the contact will not receive the email campaign.
You can do this by following these simple steps:
- Log into your Benchmark account.
- On the Dashboard menu, click on Emails and select Emails.
- You may either select an email you’ve already started or click the Create New Email button to create a new email.
Note: This is not available for Sent emails.
- On the Email Checklist page, click on the To section.
- Click the Exclude dropdown menu. Locate the list or segments that contain the contacts you would like to exclude.
- If you are not sure what list the contacts you want to exclude are in, you can click on the number located next to the list name, to see a list of the contacts in the list.
- You can select more than one list.
- When done, click Save.
If you don’t want to exclude an entire list, you can always create a list segment. Click here to learn how to create segments.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?