Knowledge Base Home Contact Lists How do I export contacts from my Gmail or Google Apps for Business account?
How do I export contacts from my Gmail or Google Apps for Business account?
Contact Lists Updated on September 8, 2011
Adding contacts to your Benchmark Email account from your Gmail address book can be done in this way:
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- On the left side of any Gmail page, click on Gmail option and then click Contacts from drop down menu.
- In the More drop-down menu, select Export.
- Pick the format in which you’d like to expore your contacts’ information.
Note: Some formats can lose contact information.
- Use Google CSV format for tranferring contacts between Google accounts. This is the recommended way to back up your Google contacts.
- Use Outlook CSV format to transfer contacts to Outlook, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail or various other apps.
- Use vCard format to transfer contacts to Apple Address Book.
- Click Export.
- Select Save File then click OK.
- Choose a location to save your file and click OK.
- The file is now ready to be imported into your Benchmark Email account.
Did this answer your questions?