Knowledge Base Home Image Gallery How to get the URL for a file in the Document Gallery
How to get the URL for a file in the Document Gallery
When a document is stored in your Document Gallery, a URL is created. You can use this link in your email, or on a webpage. You can link that document to outside sources such as a personal email, webpage, etc. However, the URL is not easily visible; in this article, we will teach you a workaround to retrieve the URL.
To obtain the URL of a document, please follow these steps:
- Go to Emails, and select an email campaign.
- Continue until you get to the Drag & Drop editor.
- Open any block that allows text, and highlight the text you want recipients to click on. If the document is already added to the text, go to step 6.
- Then, click on the paper clip button in the top toolbar. Or if you are using a Button, click on the Link option, then click on Attach a File.
- A popup will appear with the list of documents available in your account. Click on the Insert option for the document you want to use.
Now, the document will be linked with the text you selected.
- Click on the text and then click on the Link button in the top toolbar.
- The Insert Link window will pop up, copy the Website URL, and exit the process by clicking on the .
You can now take the URL and use it outside of Benchmark Email if needed.
Keep in mind, that the URL will be a download for the recipient and will not automatically open.
By uploading a document to your account, you agree that you have the right to use and reproduce the document and that it does not include prohibited content.
Learn more about the Document Gallery, Here.
If you have any questions regarding adding files to your emails, please feel free to contact our support team via LiveChat, Email or by Phone.
Did this answer your questions?