How do I import my list from Google Sheets?
Integrate your Google Sheets with your Benchmark account and sync your contacts. When you make changes to your contacts data within your Google Sheets, these changes will be reflected in your Benchmark account. Learn how to sync your contacts by choosing from the available options to integrate.
There are several ways to integrate:
- Through the Benchmark’s integration page
- By Importing contacts
- Creating a new list
Here you will learn how to integrate by creating a new list. Please follow the steps below:
- Log into your Benchmark account.
- Click on Contacts from your Dashboard menu and select Contacts.
- Now click on the Create New List button.
- Choose Regular List and click Next.
- Select Automate Import and click Next.
- Once on the Connect App page, click on Google Sheets.
- Click Connect.
- On the popup window, enter your credentials and click on the Next button.
Note: If you’ve previously integrated you’ll see your Google account, simply select it again.
- Click the dropdown arrow to Create New List or Choose Existing List.
- If you select to create a new list, add the list name in the space provided.
- If you select an existing list, click on the right box and select a list.
- Select a Google Sheets SpreadSheet and Worksheet Label.
- Click Save & Next.
- Map your Google Sheet fields according to the data fields in your Benchmark list.
- Click Save & Next.
- Now click Close.
- You will be redirected to the Connect App page.
You are done! Please allow a few minutes for the list sync to complete.
In the Connect App page, you will be able to view:
- App Catalog tab: This page shows you the available apps you can integrate with. You can connect your app by clicking on an integration of your choice.
- Connected App tab: Once you’ve connected to an App, you can view the connected app and its details such as; App, Username, Status and List Name.
- More Options icon: By clicking on the More Options icon, you can Disconnect your connected App.
- View Other Apps: Click here to view the available apps/integrations.
To Consider: Your Google Spreadsheet must contain the following supported headers. This is crucial for mapping while importing the details.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Cell Phone
- You can only import sheets created on Google Sheets.
- If trying to import an external file to Google Sheets, the data must be in the format XLS or XLSX.
- If there are multiple sheets in the file, only the first sheet will be imported.
- The final number of imported contacts may be less than the projected number due to the filtering of certain emails. Benchmark Email removes role-based emails, duplicates, unsubscribes and blocked domains. Click Here to learn more.
- The list you connect to Google Sheets can not be used with another app/integration.
- Allow a few minutes for the list sync to complete. Wait time varies depending on the total of contacts you are syncing.
- To access the Connect App page, follow the steps below:
- Click on your Username and select Integrations.
- Now click on Import Contacts from the menu on the left.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our Support team via email, LiveChat or by phone.
Did this answer your questions?