Knowledge Base Home E-Commerce Integrations How do I integrate my Benchmark account with my Shopify account?
How do I integrate my Benchmark account with my Shopify account?
Before integrating your account, ensure that your Benchmark account is in the correct List plan to bring in new contacts. Otherwise, the connection could fail. Please note, there are two parts to this integration. The first process will begin within Shopify.
The integration process will begin within Shopify.
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- From the Dashboard, select Apps
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Manage private apps.
- Click on the Create a new private app button.
- Enter a Private app name and an Emergency developer email.
These details can help you keep track of your private apps and stay informed about changes that affect your app. Click Here to learn more.
- In the Admin API Permissions section, click on Review disabled Admin API permissions.
- Scroll down to Customers and click on the dropdown option available and select Read and Write.
- In the Storefront API, select to Allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API.
- Once done, please click on the SAVE button.
- On the pop up provided, click the I understand, create the app button.
An API Key and Password will generate on the Admin API section. Copy the API Key and Password to complete the integration process.
- Log into your Benchmark account
- Click on your first name at the top right
- From the drop-down menu, select Integrations
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, click on Get Started.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Shopify, enter your Shopify Store Name (This is the “shop-name” portion of https://shop-name.myshopify.com/)
- Enter the generated API key from Shopify along with the password and save.
- Further, configure the integration between Benchmark and Shopify by selecting import options and lists.
Note: There are three import options for Shopify. All Customers, Customers who accept marketing and Customers who do not accept marketing. Select the option that best fits your needs.
- Map the fields of the list with details to be pulled from Shopify.
- Click on save and next and the integration is now setup.
Important: If your shop name contains hyphens makes sure to add them in the Shop Name Store. Otherwise, the integration will not work.
The final number of imported contacts may be less than the projected number due to the filtering of certain emails. Benchmark Email removes role-based emails, duplicates, unsubscribes and blocked domains. Click Here to learn more.
Note: Since this integration offers a one-time import if you need to import more contacts at a later time, you will have to repeat the steps above. However, when you go to import again, you can choose the previous connection or create a new one.
If you still need help integrating your Shopify account with Benchmark, feel free to contact us via Email, LiveChat or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?