Knowledge Base Home Signup Forms Social Media How to add a Email Signup Form to your Twitter Profile?
How to add a Email Signup Form to your Twitter Profile?
Have you ever wanted to sign up email subscribers on your Twitter profile? Here’s how you do it:
1) Get your signup form link
- Click on the Signup Forms link from the Contacts Menu. Or, learn how to create a email signup form.
- Select the signup form you’d like to use and click on Publish (step 4)
- Select "Pop-up from a button on your Website".
- You’ll see a box with HTML code in it. Only copy the first URL/Web address within the quotation marks and save it for the next step. (Incase the entire code is getting selected when you try to copy, you may have to 1st paste the code into Notepad/Textpad and then copy the URL/Web address shown below )
2) Shortening the URL
In order for the link to work correctly, it must be shortened through the website Bit.ly.
- Go to Bit.ly
- Paste the link from the previous step into the box and click Shorten.
Note: The default shortened URL is abstract. If you want to display something meaningful to help readers better understand where the link is going, then you can customize the way the link looks according to your requirement. E.g. http://bit.ly/my_signup_form All you have to do is sign up for a free account with Bit.ly
- Click Copy to copy the shortened URL.
- Log into your Twitter account and click on the Settings from dropdown menu at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Profile tab
- On the Profile tab look for a box labeled ‘Website’
- Paste the shortened URL.
- Click Save Changes.
Did this answer your questions?