Knowledge Base Home General questions Social Media How to create a page in your facebook account?
How to create a page in your facebook account?
Many people already use Facebook as a way of staying in touch with friends and family. However, as a business owner you can also use Facebook as a marketing tool
to expand your customer base and increase your interaction. You can also add a signup form
to your page, which will help build your contact lists.
Creating a Facebook Page is a simple process and in a matter of minutes you, too, can enjoy the benefits.
To create a page to your Facebook Account:
Step 1: Creating Your Page
- To create your Facebook Page, go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php.
- You will have a choice as to which type of Page you would like to set up.
- After making your selection, you will be prompted to enter some information about your business or organization.
- Once completed, click the Get Started button.
- Fill out the security check, which shows that you are a real person.
- Your page is now ready to go!
Step 2: Enter Profile Information
- Entering your profile information is optional at this point, but it is recommended to do so before making your page available. There are 3 steps to complete.
- You will want to upload an image for your Page. This should be a recognizable and memorable image, as it will be the first thing people see when they visit your page. Most organization use their logo or something that will present them in a professional manner.
Step 3: Get Started
- You have already entered basic information. Now is your opportunity to add to the information by clicking Edit Page at the top right of your screen.
- It is important to restrict access to your page in the beginning so that only you and those who will help build it can see it. You can do this by clicking Manage Your Permissions after you’ve clicked Edit Page and selecting Only Admins can see this Page. (Note: Remember to change this setting once your page is ready to go live.)
- Next, select who can see your Page and who can post to the wall (an important part of your page where you place your content and users can comment or "like" it.) It is advised to keep the default setting, which lets users interact openly on your Page. When finished making the changes, click Save Changes.
- If you still have more information you would like to add about your business, click Basic Information in the top left menu bar. Here you can add a description of your business to help people find you later.
- Once 25 people click "Like" on your page, you will have the opportunity to customize the URL of your Page to include the name of your business or organization, or any other slogan you may want to use. Learn more about increasing traffic to your page to help get your "likes" up to 25 and more!
- Always remember to click Save Changes any time you edit your Page to ensure the information is retained.
Did this answer your questions?