Knowledge Base Home Automation Lite How to create an Email Engagement Automation
How to create an Email Engagement Automation
Email Engagement automations are determined when a person clicks on a link or opens an email. You are able to send emails when a contact:
- Opens an email
- Clicks on any link in the email
- Clicks on a specific link in the email
To create an Email Engagement automation, kindly follow the steps below:
- Log into your Benchmark account
- Click on Automations from your Dashboard menu
- Select Automation Lite
- Now click on Create New Automation
- Select Email Engagement Automation
- Click Next
- Complete Step 1 Details.
- Automation Details: This will only be seen by you and is used to organize your automations.
- Trigger Selection: Select a trigger for your automation. To learn more about triggers and their function click here.
- Sequence Email Details: Fill out the ‘From Name’ and ‘From Email Address’ part of the automation
- Click the Save & Next button.
- Complete Step 2 Emails in Sequence, click on the Add New Email button.
- Complete Step 1 Email Details.
- Email Details: Create a subject line.
- Delivery Time: Your email to be sent according to this setting. For example, if you select “After 7 Days” the email will send 7 days after the contact is added to your list. If you select “Immediately” the email will send as soon as the contact is added. Select the Send days, by default all days will be selected. Deselect days to prevent emails from being sent on those days.
- Google Analytics: To track your visitors when they come to your site via a link in your email, toggle the slider from gray to blue
- Now click Save & Next
- Choose the Drag & Drop Editor and click Next
- Complete Step 2 Editor
Choose from the Blank Layouts, our premade Templates or Past Emails
- Edit your Email. When done, click Save & Next.
If you would like to add another email, click on the Add a New Email. When ready, click on the Activate Automation button and on the popup provided, click on the Activate button to activate the automation.
To check out Automation Lite Reports and statistics, click here.
- To use Email Engagement Automation the emails must be in a Draft or Sent status
- If you choose to continue adding emails you will repeat the process starting with Email details.
- If you are done and clicked on Activate Automation you will need to confirm the activation in the pop up by again clicking Activate.
Note: The Email Engagement feature is only available for paid users. Contact List Automation, on the other hand, is available for free users.
If you have any questions regarding your Automation email please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or by phone.
Did this answer your questions?