Knowledge Base Home General questions How to Sync Your HTML Email to Your Text Version Email
How to Sync Your HTML Email to Your Text Version Email
Every email client such as Yahoo, AOL, GMAIL, etc. have settings that determine whether or not the contact views emails in HTML format or in a plain text format. Some of your contacts will have their email clients set to only display emails in plain text. For this reason, every email sent from our system contains a text version. As a default, your HTML version is displayed for those contacts who have the HTML option enabled in their inbox.
Below we’ll show you the options provided in the editors to copy the text from your HTML email over to the text version. Click on the editor you are using for instructions.
Emails can’t be scheduled or sent without first syncing both the HTML and the Text version. If you see the following message in your email checklist, make sure to sync the emails.
Drag & Drop Editor
- At the top of the editor page, click on the View Text Version option. The screen will refresh to display the text version of your email. A red x indicates that the text version and the HTML version are not synced.
- Click on the Copy Text From HTML Email option.
- Then, in the popup, confirm your changes by clicking on the Continue option.
To go back, click on View HTML Version, and if you are ready to schedule or send your email, click on Save and Next.
- At the top of the editor page, click on the Text Version option. The screen will refresh to display the text version of your email. An x in the Text Version option indicates the text version is not synced with your HTML email.
- Click on the Copy Text From HTML Email.
- Confirm your changes by clicking Continue.
To go back, click on the HTML option, and if you are ready to schedule or send your email, click on Save and Next.
Once you have saved your changes, further changes made in the HTML version will NOT be reflected in the text version. Make sure you are copying the HTML version over to the Text version. This can be done when you are all done with your email or as you go.
If you have any questions regarding the text version of your email, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat, or by Phone.
Did this answer your questions?