Knowledge Base Home Contact Lists What Happens When a Contact Clicks the Unsubscribe Link in My Email?
What Happens When a Contact Clicks the Unsubscribe Link in My Email?
Updated on November 30, 2020
When a contact selects the unsubscribe link in your email, they are directed to the “Verify Unsubscribe” page.
There are 3 options given to unsubscribe or be removed from a list.
- You can click on the “Unsubscribe” button to unsubscribe the email address from all the lists.
- Manage Subscription: Your subscribers can click on “Manage Your Subscription and Profile” link to unsubscribe their email address from particular lists. This is where they can uncheck all boxes for any list they may be on. They are then automatically moved to the Master Unsubscribe List in your account.
- GDPR action only: This section provides the GDPR regulation link to reference along with a click here link which allows requesting changes other than unsubscribing. The Forgotten Process
- When a recipient marks your email as spam inside their inbox, a report is sent to us whenever this happens. We automatically unsubscribe the recipient and add them to your Master Unsubscribe List in your account to prevent any further emails from being sent to that recipient.
- The contacts in the Master Unsubscribe List are considered inactive in your Benchmark account.
You can download your Master Unsubscribe List at any time if needed.
If you have any questions regarding your unsubscribes, feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or by phone.
Did this answer your questions?