Knowledge Base Home Create Email Marketing Why do some of my recipients see Skype codes appearing next to phone numbers in my emails?
Why do some of my recipients see Skype codes appearing next to phone numbers in my emails?
software installed on your computer, it automatically inserts a Skype button code next to any phone number you type in a Benchmark Email. Unfortunately, recipients who don’t have Skype installed on their computers see "text strings" in your email where the Skype button should display.
To avoid adding the Skype button to your emails, disable the Skype plug-in:
Exit Skype completely.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard and click Task Manager on the pop-up window.
- Select the Processes tab make sure that Skype.exe is not running.
- If Skype.exe is running, select it and click End Process.
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the desktop.
- Click "Force Quit."
Follow the steps below for the web browser you are using:
For Internet Explorer Users
- Within Internet Explorer, click Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable or Disable add-ons.
- Look for and disable Skype and the Skype add-on
- Click OK.
- Close the browser
For Firefox Users
- Click Tools > Add-Ons.
- Look for and highlight Skype, then click Disable.
- Click OK.
- Close the browse
Did this answer your questions?