Knowledge Base Home Contact Lists Can I use the email list(s) from a company that I just bought?
Can I use the email list(s) from a company that I just bought?
If you are going to be representing that company in the same manner and with the same contact information used before you bought it, then yes you will be able to utilize the email addresses. However, we suggest that you send out an announcement to those contacts that the company is under new ownership and perhaps request that they verify their decision to "opt-in". You may want to take advantage of our "Permission Reminder" template the first time you contact the list.
Before you use the list(s), you will want to first review a few key points to ensure it is acceptable with Benchmark Email policies:
- How was the list compiled?
- How long ago were the addresses obtained?
- When was the last time the list was used?
- Has it been properly maintained and have any unsubscribers been removed accordingly?
- Did the company have permission to contact these addresses?
Did this answer your questions?