Knowledge Base Home General Questions Can I send a text-only or plaintext email to my contacts?
Can I send a text-only or plaintext email to my contacts?
Your contacts sign up for the HTML version of your email by default, but you can send a “text only” to your contacts if their preference is set to “Text Only”.
Email Preference Change through Individual Update
- Click on the contact list.
- Click on the email address you want to edit.
- Click the Text Only bubble next to Email Preference and click on the Save button.
Email Preference Change through File Import
- Export all active contacts and open the file in Excel.
- Update the Email Preference column with the value Text.
- Save the file and import your list.
Bear in mind that Benchmark Email automatically formats both HTML and text versions and sends them together (per MIME-Multipart-Format). Recipients’ individual email clients choose the HTML or text version. By sending both (and designing them accordingly), this raises the likelihood of your recipients receiving properly formatted emails to be read in their preferred manner.
Did this answer your questions?