Knowledge Base Home General Questions Does Benchmark Email do anything to my custom HTML code when it is sent out to contacts?
Does Benchmark Email do anything to my custom HTML code when it is sent out to contacts?
When you paste your own code into a custom HTML template, Benchmark Email sends that code as is. There are a few exceptions listed below, as well as what to expect will stay in the template, regardless of the code you use:
Benchmark Email removes:
- Anything outside the <HTML> tags.
- URL that are converted to tracking URLs.
- Junk code from Microsoft word and other programs.
Benchmark Email keeps:
- The Benchmark Email header, which often includes the permission message and link to the Web version of your email. This all stays at the top of your email.
- The Benchmark Email footer.