Email Webpage Version
The web-page version of your email is meant for contacts who have trouble viewing your email campaign in their inbox.
Possible reasons could be:
- The subscriber has disabled images or graphics in their inbox.
- Their email provider does not allow graphics and images to appear in emails.
Additionally, some recipients could have firewalls that prevent your email’s images from displaying correctly. By including a link to the webpage version, you avoid someone missing out on your promotions. Also, you can use your webpage version link in different social media outlets.
Topics covered in this article:
How to add or remove the web-page version URL in your email
An emails webpage version (URL) link lives within the Permission Reminder block. The Permission Reminder and its links are added to all emails by default. However, you can edit the content or remove links if needed.
- Log into your Benchmark account.
- Click on Emails and then select Emails.
- Click the Create New Email button or select a draft or incomplete campaign.
- In the Email Checklist go to the Design option and click Edit.
DRAG & DROP EDITOR:
Scroll to the bottom of your email.
If you don’t have the permission reminder block.
- Drag the permission reminder block to the desired place in your layout.
If you have the permission reminder block added but not the View this email your browser link.
- Click on the permission reminder block. The content option will be displayed at your left.
- Check the Include webpage version link in email box
- Click Save & Close.
The View this email in your browser link will be added automatically.
Plain text & Code editor
- In your email layout click on the Settings button located at the left bottom.
- In the Content tab, check the Include webpage version link in email.
- The changes will be autosaved for the moment, but before leaving the editor remember to click on the Save button.
Back to the top ↑
How to access a previously sent email’s web-page version URL
To access the webpage version link of an already sent campaign, follow the steps below. This will only work if the webpage version link was not removed.
- In the Emails dashboard, choose a sent or incomplete campaign and click on the More Options icon next to it.
- Select Preview.
- Your email will appear in the pop-up, scroll to the bottom, and click on View this email in your browser.
- For emails created in the plain text editor, the “View this email in your browser” text is only visible within the inbox and preview screen.
- For regular emails, once the email is opened in a browser, copy the URL.
Now, if you decided to remove the webpage version link from your already sent email, but still need the email URL, follow the steps below.
- In your account, click on Reports, and then select Email Reports.
- Click on the email for which you need the URL.
- Then, on the email reports page, click on the More options icon.
- Select Share, and then copy the link provided.
You are done!
Back to the top ↑
If you have any questions, please contact our support team.