Knowledge Base Home Automation Pro How Do I Install the Tracking Code on My Website?
How Do I Install the Tracking Code on My Website?
Tracking if your recipients are engaging with your website, is the number one rule if you want to keep your recipients engaged. Use this information to know what it is they are interested in and figure out how to better pursue your recipients. Learn how Benchmark tracks website activity.
If you are using a trigger such as Contact Visits a Webpage or the condition Website Activity, you will need to copy the tracking code and add it to your website.
The tracking code is unique to your account, and can be found in 4 different places.
How to add the tracking code?
- Copy the tracking code.
- Now you will need to paste the tracking code in the header of your website’s HTML.
You may need to contact your webmaster or your service provider to add code if you do not have access to update.
You can test if the tracking code was added correctly by using the testing tool functionality.
When you have confirmed the tracking code was placed correctly you can move on to the rest of your automation.
Copying and Pasting your Benchmark Tracking code
Once you are ready to start tracking your subscribers, you’ll want to add your AP tracking code to your site. To help you out we’ve added instructions on how to add your tracking code for the top 3 most requested website builders.
- Once logged in to your WordPress website, select the Appearance option, and then click on Theme Editor.
- On the right side under Theme Files, go to Theme Editor.
- Search for the </head> tag.
- Paste your AP tracking code inside the </head> tag.
- Save the changes by clicking on the “Update File” option.
- Log in to your Wix website as an admin.
- From the menu bar, hover over Settings and click on Tracking and Analytics.
- On the top right side, hover on New Tool and select Custom from the drop-down. This will open a popup window to update the code for your website.
- Paste the tracking code copied from your Benchmark account in the 1st block.
- Select the domain for which you want the tracking code to be published. This option will only be available if you have multiple domains.
- Give your tracking code a name, this is only for your reference.
- Select the pages where you want to add the tracking code. The following are the options available.
- All Pages where the code loads once, or the code loads every time you open a new page.
- Select specific pages to paste the code to.
- Make sure that the code is pasted in the “Head” of the page.
- Click on the Apply button to save the changes
- Log in to your Shopify admin account.
- In the left menu, under the Sales channels select Shop Name.
- Select Themes, then click on Actions and select Edit code.
- Locate and click on header.liquid file.
- Locate the </header> tag.
- Paste your AP tracking code inside of the </header> tag.
- Save the changes by clicking on the Save option on the top right corner of the window.
To learn how to use Website Engagement or Website Activity nodes click here.
When adding or changing nodes to automations, please make sure you click on the SAVE option when done.
To use Google Tags Manager, please see the instructions below.
- Log into your Benchmark Email account
- Navigate to your Automation Pro tool
- Click or start an Automation
- Use an element website activity for Triggers, or website engagement for Conditions
- Then open your Google Tags Manager
- Click Tags on the left sidebar
- Create a new tag
- Choose Custom HTML
- Then paste in your Benchmark tracking code
- Under Triggering, select All Pages
- Then Save
If you have any further questions regarding the tracking code placement, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or by Phone.