Knowledge Base Home Delivery How does one add a TXT Record for their Domain (having DNS servers hosted) with GoDaddy?
How does one add a TXT Record for their Domain (having DNS servers hosted) with GoDaddy?
Updated on September 5, 2019
Steps to Add a TXT Record for your Domain [having DNS servers hosted] with GoDaddy:
- Log in to your Account and click MyAccount.
- Under Products section, in the Domains category, click Launch.
- From the Tools menu, select DNS Manager. The DNS Dashboard will be displayed.
- For the domain name you want to add a TXT record for, click Edit Zone. The Zone File Editor will be displayed.
- Click Add New Record.
- From the Record type list, select TXT (Text).
- Complete the following fields:
TXT Name – Type @ [it automatically represents the same domain for which the record is being created]
TXT Value – Enter the entire TXT value here
[example TXT record: "v=spf1 a mx include:bmsend.com ~all" ]
- Click OK.
- Click Save Zone File, and then click OK. The new record displays in the TXT (Text) section.
Did this answer your questions?