Knowledge Base Home Integrations How to Integrate Benchmark With Shopify
How to Integrate Benchmark With Shopify
Updated on January 21, 2022
Before integrating your accounts, ensure that your Benchmark account is on the right plan to add new contacts. You should also have a paid Shopify account; otherwise, the connection will fail.
Please note, there are two parts to this integration. The first part will begin within Shopify.
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- From the Dashboard, select Apps.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Manage private apps.
- Click on the Create a new private app button.
- Enter a Private app name and an Emergency developer email.
These details can help you keep track of your private apps and stay informed about changes that affect your app. Click Here
to learn more.
- Click on Review disabled Admin API permissions in the Admin API Permissions section.
- Scroll down to Customers, click on the available dropdown option, and select Read and Write.
- In the Storefront API, select to Allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API.
- Once done, please click on the SAVE button.
- On the pop-up, click the I understand, create the app button.
An API Key and Password will generate on the Admin API section. Copy the API Key and Password to complete the integration process.
- Log into your Benchmark account.
- Click on your first name at the top right.
- From the dropdown menu, select Integrations.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, click on Get Started.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Shopify, enter your Shopify Store Name (This is the “shop-name” portion of https://shop-name.myshopify.com/)
Important: If your shop name contains hyphens, make sure to add them to the Shop Name Store. Otherwise, the integration will not work.
- Enter the generated API key from Shopify along with the password and save.
- Select one of your default Shopify contacts list or a saved search; saved searches are queries that represent a group of your Shopify customers. Your Shopify customer groups will depend on your Shopify saved preferences. Customers who do not accept marketing will not be available in this dropdown list.
- All Customers
- Email Subscribers
- New NEW
- Returning NEW
- Abandoned Checkouts NEW
- Next, select the contact list where the Shopify customers will import, and click Save & Next. You can choose an existing list or create a new list.
- Map the fields of the list with details to be pulled from Shopify.
- Click on save and next, and the integration is now set up.
The final number of imported contacts may be less than the projected number due to the filtering of certain emails. For example, Benchmark Email removes role-based emails, duplicates, unsubscribed, and blocked domains. To learn more, click here.
Note: Since this integration offers a one-time import, if you need to import more contacts at a later time, you will have to repeat the steps above. However, when you go to import again, you can choose the previous connection or create a new one.
If you still need help integrating your Shopify account with Benchmark, feel free to contact us via Email, LiveChat, or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?