Knowledge Base Home Automation Lite How do I create an Automation using Automation Lite?
How do I create an Automation using Automation Lite?
You can create Contact List Automations in Automation Lite based on:
- Contact has been added to a list
- Birthday or Anniversary date
- Reminder date
You can also create Engagement Automations, determined when a person clicks on a link or opens an email. You are able to send emails when a contact:
- Opens an email
- Clicks on any link in the email
- Clicks on a specific link in the email
Please follow the steps below to learn how to create an Automation:
- Log into your Benchmark account.
- Click on Automations from your Dashboard menu.
- Select Automation Lite.
- Now, click on the Create New Automation button.
- Choose the type of automation you would like to create, Contact List Automation or Email Engagement Automation and click Next.
- Contact List Automation – Used for welcome type emails or automated emails based on dates.
- Email Engagement Automation – These automations are based on opens or clicks triggered by your subscribers interaction. This feature is available for paid plans. For the instructions below we will be using Contact list Automation.
- Complete Step 1 “Details” and click Next.
- Give your Automation a name.
- Describe what the function of the Automation will be.
- Choose the list to which your Automation will correspond to, or create a new one.
- On the Trigger section, choose what type of email you will create for your Automation. To learn more about triggers and their function click Here.
- Complete the Sequence Email Details section.
- Adding the Permission Reminder to your email will help you maintain a clean list. Simply toggle the slider from gray to blue.
- You may also include a webpage version link in the email. Toggle the slider from gray to blue.
- Click Save & Next.
- In the Email Sequence page click on the Add New Email button and enter the email details.
Note: If you have Google Analytics, you can enter the campaign name in this section.
- Click Save & Next.
- Select the Email editor you would like to use and click Next. We will use the Drag & Drop Editor as an example.
- Click on Templates.
- Select the Template that best fits your needs.
- Edit your email and click Save & Next when completed.
- Choose to continue adding emails by clicking Add New Email or if done select Activate Automation.
Note: By clicking on the More Options icon you have the option to Preview, Duplicate or Delete the Automation email.
For Email Engagement Automation follow the steps below:
Note: This method is only available for paid clients
- Log into your Benchmark account
- Click on Automations from your Dashboard menu
- Select Automation Lite
- Now click on Create New Automation
- Select Email Engagement Automation
- Click Next
- Complete Step 1 Details
- Automation Details: This will only be seen by you and is used to organize your automations.
- Trigger Selection: Select a trigger for your automation. To learn more about triggers and their function click Here.
- Sequence Email Details: Fill out the ‘From Name’ and ‘From Email Address’ part of the automation
- Click the Save & Next button.
- Complete Step 2 Emails in Sequence, click on the Add New Email button.
- Complete Step 1 Email Details
- Email Details: Create a subject line
- Delivery Time: Your email to be sent according to this setting. For example, if you select “After 7 Days” the email will send 7 days after the contact is added to your list. If you select “Immediately” the email will send as soon as the contact is added. Select the Send days, by default all days will be selected. Deselect days to prevent emails from being sent on those days.
- Google Analytics: To track your visitors when they come to your site via a link in your email, toggle the slider from gray to blue
- Now click Save & Next
- Choose the Drag & Drop Editor and click Next
- Complete Step 2 Editor
- Choose from the Blank Layouts, our premade Templates or Past Emails
- Edit your Email. When done, click Save & Next
If you would like to add another email, click on the Add a New Email. When ready, click on the Activate Automation button and on the popup provided, click on the Activate button to activate the automation.
To check out Automation Lite Reports and statistics, click Here.
- To use Email Engagement Automation the emails must be in a Draft or Sent status
- If you choose to continue adding emails you will repeat the process starting with Email details.
- If you are done and clicked on Activate Automation you will need to confirm the activation in the pop up by again clicking Activate.
If you have any questions regarding your Automation email please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or by phone.
Did this answer your questions?