Knowledge Base Home General questions How do I create an Automation using Automation Lite?
How do I create an Automation using Automation Lite?
You can create Contact List Automations in Automation Lite based on:
- Contact has been added to a list
- Birthday or Anniversary date
- Reminder date
You can also create Engagement Automations, determined when a person clicks on a link or opens an email. You are able to send emails when a contact:
- Opens an email
- Clicks on any link in the email
- Clicks on a specific link in the email
Please follow the steps below to learn how to create an Automation:
- Log into your Benchmark account.
- Click on Automations from your Dashboard menu.
- Select Automation Lite (If you don’t see this option click on the More options icon).
- Now, click on the Create New Automation button.
- Choose the type of automation you would like to create, Contact List Automation or Email Engagement Automation and click Next.
- Contact List Automation – Used for welcome type emails or automated emails based on dates.
- Email Engagement Automation – These automations are based on opens or clicks triggered by you subscribers interaction. This feature is available for paid plans.For the instructions below we will be using Contact list Automation.
- Complete Step 1 “Details” and click Next.
- Give your Automation a name.
- Describe what the function of the Automation will be.
- Choose the list to which your Automation will correspond to, or create a new one.
- On the Trigger section, choose what type of email you will create for your Automation.
- Complete the Sequence Email Details section.
- Adding the Permission Reminder to your email will help you maintain a clean list. Simply toggle the slider from gray to blue.
- You may also include a webpage version link in the email. Toggle the slider from gray to blue.
- Click Save & Next.
- In the Email Sequence page click on the Add New Email button and enter the email details. Note: If you have Google Analytics, you can enter the campaign name in this section.
- Click Save & Next.
- Select the Email editor you would like to use and click Next. We will use the Drag & Drop Editor as an example.
- Click on Templates.
- Select the Template that best fits your needs.
- Edit your email and click Save & Next when completed.
- Choose to continue adding emails by clicking Add New Email or if done select Activate Automation. Note: By clicking on the More Options icon you have the option to Preview, Duplicate or Delete the Automation email.
If you choose to continue adding emails you will repeat the process starting with Email details.
If you are done and clicked on Activate Automation you will need to confirm the activation in the pop up by again clicking Activate.
When done you may exit the process by selecting the menu in the top center of the page.
If you have any questions regarding your Automation email please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or by phone.
Did this answer your questions?