Knowledge Base Home Create Email Marketing Prohibited Industries and Prohibited Content
Prohibited Industries and Prohibited Content
Every email campaign that gets scheduled for delivery goes through a review process, and based on the results, our system either approves or rejects the email campaign. While most clients won’t ever notice a rejected email, some will, and usually, they are in “risky” sending industries.
Benchmark Email reserves the right to deny campaigns that are determined to be risky or abusive. Risky industries have a much higher bounce rate, unsubscribe rate, and let’s not forget a much higher abuse complaint rate. Allowing email sends from these industries can hurt the Benchmark sending reputation. Therefore we have a list of industries we prohibit.
Please see the list below to learn which industries Benchmark rejects.
- Mortgage Services
- Loan Services
- Illegal goods or services
- Escort services
- Get-rich-quick or work-at-home schemes
- Gambling services, products or gambling education
- Pornography or nudity content
- Adult novelty items or references in content
- Marketing or sending commercial email without proper permission
- Credit Card Services
- List brokers or list rental services
Industries or Services we will consider upon an extended review.
- Pharmaceutical products
- Affiliate marketing
- Credit repair or get-out-of-debt content
- Real estate prospecting or listing
- Nutritional supplements, herbal supplements or vitamin supplements
- Diet Methods
- Dating Services
- Multi-Level Marketing
- Online trading, day trading tips or stock market-related content
- Financial Institutions/Banks
- Blockchain or Cryptocurrency- Not allowed in India.
Benchmark Email does not rely entirely on the above list and may deny any campaign or service at its discretion. If you feel your campaign or service was marked Not Approved
in error, please contact
us for clarification or to request a review of the situation.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?