Knowledge Base Home Integrations How to Import Lists From Google Sheets
How to Import Lists From Google Sheets
Updated on April 21, 2021
You can import contacts from your Google Sheets by following these simple steps:
- Log in to your Benchmark account.
- Click on Contacts from the Dashboard menu.
- Select the Create New List button on the top-right of the page.
- Choose the Regular List option and click Next.
- Now, select the Import From A Service option then, click Next.
- Scroll down and click on the Google Drive integration icon
- Next, connect to your Google Drive account by clicking on the Connect option.
- On the Google page, choose an account to continue.
- Now, select the Allow button.
- When prompted back to Benchmark, select a Google Drive Spreadsheet, Worksheet, and a Benchmark Contact List or create a new list.
- Click Save & Next.
- Select and match the fields to be mapped, click Save & Next when done.
- Email Field- if not labeled as “email” our system can not detect this column in your sheet.
- You can only import files created on Google Drive.
- This integration can only import files owned/created by you. If you are trying to import a sheet that you do not own, we recommend you first create a copy of the data to a new sheet in your Google Drive.
- We recommend you delete all empty columns from the sheet you are importing. Empty columns may cause the integration to break.
- If trying to import an external file to Google Drive, the data must be in the format XLS or XLSX.
- If there are multiple sheets in the file, only the first sheet will be imported.
The final number of imported contacts may be less than the projected number due to the filtering of certain emails. Benchmark Email removes role-based emails, duplicates, unsubscribe, and blocked domains. Click Here to learn more.
Note: Since this integration offers a one-time import if you need to import more contacts at a later time, you will have to repeat the steps above. However, when you go to import again, you can choose the previous connection or create a new one.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our Support team via email, LiveChat or by phone.
Did this answer your questions?