Knowledge Base Home Drag & Drop Editor How can I add a Google Maps search to my email?
How can I add a Google Maps search to my email?
Adding directions obtained through Google Maps to your campaign is helpful because it saves your subscribers the hassle of having to look up your location themselves. It also provides a map, which visually helps them see where you are located.
To add a Google Maps search to your campaign, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.google.com/maps in a new browser window.
- In the top left side of the page click on Get Directions.
- In the spaces provided, enter the start and end point. Click Get Directions.
- There may be more than one route suggested. Select the preferred option.
- Click the icon on the top right of the page.
- Select the option for Short URL. Copy and highlight the URL provided.
- Go to your Benchmark Email campaign and click the Edit icon for the section you want the link to be placed in.
- Click on the location where you want to insert the link. Select Insert Link from the left side of your screen.
- In the box that appears, paste the URL from Google Maps into the "Link URL" section (shown below).
Note: The http:// will already appear in the window. When you are pasting your specific URL, please ensure http:// only appears once by removing the default text.
- Insert the desired text into the Text to Display box. This is what will appear in the campaign for your recipients to click on. Click Update.
- Click the Save button in the upper left side of the block.
- Click on the newly inserted link to test its functionality.
Did this answer your questions?