Knowledge Base Home Contact Lists Importing / Exporting How do I import/upload a file of contact email addresses into Benchmark Email?
How do I import/upload a file of contact email addresses into Benchmark Email?
Benchmark Email supports Excel (.XLS or .XLSX), Comma Separated Value (.CSV), or Text (.TXT) file. To import or upload a file of email addresses into Benchmark Email you will need to export your contacts (from your current application) and make sure that the file is saved as an .XLS, .XLSX, .CSV or .TXT file.
To import, simply follow these steps:
- Log into your Benchmark Email account.
- Click on Contacts located on the Dashboard on the left side of the Home page.
- On the Contact Lists page, click on the options Icon.
- Click Add Contacts to Lists.
- Select Import Contacts From a File then click Next.
- Now, select the lists where you would like to add your contacts.
- Click Next.
- Click on Browse to select the file.Remember, your Free List Plan 2,000 allows a maximum of 2,000 contacts in your account. If you need to add more emails, you can remove some emails from your list(s) or you can Upgrade to a Paid Plan.
- Match your data fields with Benchmark list fields. The system will display the first 10 results from your data as a sample.
- Click Save & Finish.
It takes approximately 5 to 45 minutes for your lists to be uploaded in the system, depending on the number of contacts in the file. You will then receive an email confirming that your list has been successfully uploaded into the system.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?