Knowledge Base Home Templates & Editor Can I add a personalized greeting to my email?
Can I add a personalized greeting to my email?
You can add a personalized greeting to an email created in the drag n drop editor or the HTML editor. It can include the contact’s first name, last name, or both in the greeting. You can also provide an alternative text in case the contact details are not available.
To add a greeting using the Drag & Drop editor, see the steps below.
- In the email campaign editor, click on the block in which you wish to place the greeting.
- Within the section, click where exactly you would want the greeting to appear.
- From the top menu bar, click on More on the right of the toolbar.
- Then click on Merge on the pop-up bar.
- Select Greeting
- In the Primary Greeting, enter the salutation and select the contact attribute that you want to display. You can select First name, last name or both.
- Alternative greeting is used when the contacts attribute does not have any value.
- Click on Update to set the greeting in the block.
- Click on the Save option to save your changes to the email.
You can use the Preview button in the editor to check how the greeting would be displayed. Keep in mind the preview option will show the first contact in your list as an example.
Note: If you want to use the greeting in your Custom HTML, the tag is: [Greeting:pretext=”Dear” field=”F” alttext=”Hello”]
- The “pretext” variable is to display the salutation.
- The “field” variable is to display the contact attribute where
- “F” = First Name
- “L” = Last Name
- “FL” = First name + Last Name
- The “alttext” variable is to display the alternative greeting in case the contacts attribute does not have any value.
If you would like to personalize your emails using other attributes, please refer to this FAQ: Merge tags available in Benchmark Email.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?