Knowledge Base Home Automation Lite How to Set Up a Welcome Email Using Automation Lite
How to Set Up a Welcome Email Using Automation Lite
Did you know your subscribers can receive a Welcome Email as soon as they subscribe to your newsletter? Benchmark’s Automation Lite feature is an easy solution for this warm gesture. A Welcome email (any email) can be sent the minute a subscriber signs ups. Think of the different ways you keep your subscribers engaged by setting up a sequence of emails that are triggered the minute they sign up.
Here is how it works
- You’ll need to have a list, that will connect to your Automation.There are multiple ways to generate a database for the contact list.
- Add contacts manually
- Using Signup forms
- 3rd party integrations like Zapier.
- Set up an Automation in Automation Lite that connects to your list.
- In Automation Lite – Create an email that will be sent to your subscribers.
Once the contact list is set up, use the Automation Lite feature to set up the welcome email.
- From the left side navigation menu, select Automations.
- Then choose Automation Lite.
- On the Automation Lite page, click on the Create New Automation button.
- For the welcome email, select Contact list Automation.
- On the Details page of the Automation, fill in the details as requested and select the email list who will receive the Welcome email.
- Under the Trigger section, select “Send emails when contact is added to a list”.
- Complete the rest of the details needed and click Save and Next.
- Now, in Step 2, Email Sequence, click on the Add New Email option.
- Give your email a Subject Line. Keep in mind this is the first email in your Automation sequence.
- Choose the Email Delay Time, Send Days, and Send Time.
- If you use Google Analytics, then enable this option; if not skip and click Save & Next.
- Select the Email editor you would like to use and click Next.
- On the next page, choose an email template to use.
- Create/Edit and preview your email and click Save & Next when completed.
- Once you are done, click on the Activate Automation option.
And that is it, you are done! Your new subscribers will receive an email the minute they sign up.
If you are feeling adventurous, you can add another email to add to your sequence!
You can send the email immediately or delay the sending by several days from when a subscriber has been added to your list. If you send it immediately, all contacts added to your list within the last 24 hours before activating your automation will also receive this email.
If you’re more of a visual person, check out this video tutorial on creating an Automation using Automation Lite!
Click Here to learn about Email Engagement Automation and how you can benefit from this feature!
If you have any questions, please contact our support team.