Knowledge Base Home Create Drag & Drop Editor Templates & Editor How can I create an email using a Benchmark Email template?
How can I create an email using a Benchmark Email template?
Create an email using a Benchmark template that best fits your needs, or you can upload your HTML code to use your own template.
To create an email using one of our templates:
- Log in to your Benchmark account.
- On the Dashboard menu, click the Emails tab and select Emails.
- Click the Create New Email button in the header section.
- Select Regular Email type and click Next.
- Choose the Drag & Drop Editor and click Next.
- Give your email a name. This is for identifying your email. Your contacts will not see this.
- Click Next.
- In the next page, complete your Email Checklist by clicking on each section and saving. Below we explain each section.
- To: From the dropdown, select the list you would like to send to. You can also exclude a list to prevent contacts from receiving your email, even if they are on a selected send list.
- From: This name will be displayed to the contact as the sender. We recommend using your company or business domain instead of a personal email address.
- Subject: Create a subject line you want your readers to see. Click Here to learn how to write a compelling subject line. You can click on the Emoji Support link where we briefly explain the use of emojis on a subject line. Click the light bulb icon for suggestions!
- AB Test Subject Line: To Enable this toggle the slider from gray to blue. Set the testing period and the sample group size.
- Preview Text: This text appears in the inbox after your subject line.
- Design: Here, you will customize the content of your email. Follow the steps below:
- Click on Templates and select the template that suits your needs. You can choose a Blank Layout, a premade Template, or a Past Email.
- You are now on the Editor page: The email would be divided into blocks which can be managed individually. You can move the blocks by dragging and dropping the block to the desired location on the email. The Background Colors can be changed from the Global Styles tab. You can change the content of the block as well as the style of the text and insert images from your Image Gallery.
- To save your changes, click Save or select Save & Next when ready to schedule the email.
- Aside from the previous sections mentioned, Benchmark offers some tools to help you track and share your email.
- Link Tracking & Sharing: To enable tracking or content options, click on edit or directly in the Link Tracking & Sharing box, this will open the section and allow you to enable the following.
- Google Analytics: Is used to track site visitors. You will need to have Google Analytics set up on your website to use this feature.
- Automatically tweet your email on Twitter: If you’d like to automatically post the email to your twitter account when it is sent, enable this option.
- Benchmark’s public Community: You can add your email to the Benchmark Community to be viewed by other Benchmark clients.
- Benchmark Archive: Add your email to your archive. The Email Archive can store all emails selected, and a URL is provided to be so others can view your previous emails.
- When you are ready to send or schedule your email, click on the Schedule or Send Immediately option on the top right. The Send Immediately and the Schedule option are only clickable once all sections are checked off.
Tip: You can send test emails to yourself to confirm how your email would be displayed in your contact’s inbox. If you are interested in knowing how your email is displayed in multiple inboxes, check out our Inbox Checker feature.
Email Checklist When completing the Email Checklist, each section has to be saved before moving on to another section.
Emails Text Version When copying content from another source to the Drag & Drop Editor, you could be bringing unwanted characters. On some occasions, this could disrupt the HTML to Text sync.If your HTML and Text versions aren’t synced you’ll see a message like this in your email checklist: Your email’s HTML version isn’t synced with its plain text version.
Here is how to update your email’s Text Version. We recommend doing this once your Email has been finalized.
- Go to your email’s Design, from the Email’s Checklist page.
- Then, click on the View Text Version option.
- Now, click on the Copy Text From HTML Email option.
- Confirm, by clicking Continue.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat, or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?