Knowledge Base Home Contact Lists What is a clean list and how do I clean my list?
What is a clean list and how do I clean my list?
A clean list, is the act of removing bounced, and unengaged email addresses from your list. List hygiene is important if you want to maintain your sending reputation. Benchmark advises you to clean your list after every email campaign you send. Your list may become smaller, but your remaining emails will target the customers that truly want to hear from you.
Benchmark offers 4 different types of contact removal.
- Confirmed Bounces
- Hard Bounces
- Soft Bounces
- Contacts who have not opened the last
- 5 Campaigns
- 10 Campaigns
- 20 Campaigns
- 30 Campaigns
Cleaning your list helps with the following:
- Improve your email’s deliverability.
- Improve your open rates.
- Reduce the number of spam complaints you could get.
To clean your list, kindly follow these steps:
- On the Dashboard located on the left-hand side, select Contacts.
- Click on the list name you want to clean.
- Now, click click on the Options icon and select Clean List.
- You will be prompted to the Clean List page. Select the type of contacts you want to clean out.
- Click Remove from List.
There are two options available:
- Remove from My List will remove the contacts you have selected from your list.
- Create New List will create a new list with all of the contacts you have selected, however they will still remain in the list you are selecting the contacts from.
Your list has been cleaned successfully! Please allow a few minutes for your cleaned list to reflect on our servers.
Before you launch your next email campaign, take a second to make sure your email list is clean. Not only will this help improve your reputation, it will deliver more responses and increase engagement.
Note: For more information on best list cleaning practices, check out Benchmark’s free email marketing manual on How to Build Opt-in Email Lists.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team via Email, LiveChat or Phone.
Did this answer your questions?